Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Courances Castle Gardens

Courances Castle Gardens, France

The Courances Castle Gardens are located in France, about 40 miles from Paris.  They are situated on a 40 acre park that surrounds a beautiful French Chateau that was built in 1622 by the Clauss family.


The Courances Castle Gardens are considered to be one of the most beautiful gardens in France.  It's a French formal garden as well as a Renaissance water garden.  As you stroll along the paths, you'll see plenty of ponds, canals, and fountains.  The reflections of the chateau in the water features are just gorgeous.  For those who like a bit of trivia, there are 14 springs on the property that flow into the 17 water features on the estate.
 

Also located on the grounds, is a Japanese hill and pond stroll garden which features beautiful flame-colored plants. 

                                                                          



The gardens are open from March 31st to early November.  Admission is 7 euros.








17 comments:

  1. Wow! Just wow! I love gardens, and this one is certainly beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    Christine
    www.coffeeinthegarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like the Japanese hill and pond stroll garden the best, from what I can see in the pictures anyway! I like the contrast of the plants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful...I love the little statue!
    Thanks so much or sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello SherryE,

    What a great post! I think this is my new favorite blog! I will definitely be back to see what you dream up for the other letters, and to read more of your lovely writing. I am following now.

    I spent a summer in France during college and got to see several castles and their gardens in the Loire Valley. The travel bug bit hard and I actually became a flight attendant for 10 years.

    I am doing the A to Z Challenge as well. Take a peek at my blog too if you get a chance! It is a travel theme.

    Best,
    MOV
    http://wordcut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! I'll check out your blog.

      Delete
  5. Pretty. I love the red trees against the green.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa, those are amazing. The house!

    I've only been to England, not France, but I toured some lovely gardens there. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chateaus in France are amazing! I've been inside several of them. This one happens to have beautiful gardens on top of it!

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous! I want to wander through those lovely places. I just started my new composter up today & can't wait to put some new things in the ground!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your gorgeous pix are making my passport whimper for attention.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Sherry, those gardens are beautiful! Dreamworthy. :) Makes me want to bring my own bushy garden in order..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your lovely comment. And wow! These gardens are amazing, I think I like them better than the last ones! I absolutely adore the first picture, how I'd love to go there!

    Have a beautiful Wednesday :)

    Nikki – inspire nordic

    ReplyDelete