Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Summerville Azalea Park

 



Summerville Azalea Park, located in Summerville, South Carolina, is a 16-acre public park. Of course, it has many beautiful flowering azaleas. It also has dogwood, wisteria, and crepe myrtle, as well as five butterfly-reflecting ponds, bronze sculptures, a gazebo, and ornamental bridges.


It's a lovely place to spend an afternoon wandering down the nature trails. Spring is the best time to view the colorful blooms.


The park is open from 5:00 AM to 10:00 PM. Admission is free. 

13 comments:

  1. Hi Sherry - free admission is very good ... it looks lovely - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll have to look for it next time we're in SC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be a lovely place for you to visit.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous. YOu find the best gardens. Particularly nice to see the flowers right now, as my yard is almost completely without. Everything has bloomed and is spent and without color.
    Traveling Suitcase

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This time of year, most gardens look a bit drab. Here in Georgia, the trees are blooming with pretty flowers, especially the crepe myrtles.

      Delete
  4. That looks lovely. I'm sure spring is awesome. Could get a bit steamy in the summer time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waving hi, as I make my blog rounds and hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Making my blog rounds and waving hi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just making my rounds. I always pop in because sometimes my list doesn't show me if there's a new post. Probably a gliche in the widget or something. Hope you're doing well. Have a good wkend, it's Friday!

    ReplyDelete