Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Naples Botanical Garden

 



Naples Botanical Garden is located in Naples, Florida.  Believe it or not, this 170 acre site once used to be a strip mall.  In 1993, eight Naples residents with a dream of creating a world class botanical garden, transformed it into seventy acres of beautiful tropical gardens.  These include a Children's Garden, Brazilian Garden, Caribbean Garden, Florida Garden, and Asian Garden.


There are also 90 acres of beautifully restored natural habitat.  Visitors will enjoy orchids, palm trees, and fruit trees, along with two lakes and a large wetland.




The gardens are open daily from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.  Admission is $14.95 for adults and $9.95 for children.

15 comments:

  1. Sounds so good. I would so enjoy visiting this garden. I'm adding to my list of gardens to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite the change in just twenty years. Garden is better than a mall any day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds quite lovely. I've only been in Naples FL briefly. I'll need to keep the garden in mind next time I'm there. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sherry - sounds like a wonderful and amazing transformation ... what a great project - I too would love to visit. Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're ever on this side of the pond, I hope you can visit.

      Delete
  5. This are a very good garden are. Because ninety acres I think It is a big zone. Sure is wonderful to visit this place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! That's incredible. To change from a shopping center to gardens, what vision they had.
    Traveling Suitcase

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad they had that vision! It's way better than a mall.

      Delete