Friday, July 1, 2016

Ault Park







Ault Park, located in Cincinnati, Ohio, is a little gem that was very close to where I used to live in Cincinnati .  It's a 224 acre park in the Hyde Park/Mount Lookout area of Cincinnati.

 The gardens were designed by renowned landscape architect, Albert D. Taylor, and named after Levi and Ida Ault who played a big roll in developing Cincinnati parks.  They  were opened to the public on May 30, 1930.  The gardens have changed quite a bit through the years.  Today, the main attractions are a dahlia garden, and the Hilda Rothchilde Memorial Old Fashioned Rose Garden.



 There is also an Italian-style Pavilion located on the grounds, which is a popular site for weddings. 


The gardens are open year round from 6 AM to 10 PM.  Admission is free.




Before I go, I'd like to share a promo video that I did for the upcoming anthology, The Thing That Turned Me. Release date will be the end of August. (It's been moved from the original date.) I this video, I share a little about myself and the piece I wrote for the anthology.


10 comments:

  1. I've got your trailer set in my post for next Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's so kind of you to feature contributor videos on your blog.

      Delete
  2. neat park - I had friends in Cincy but we never visited there. Also - cool video. Excellent Friday post. Have a great 4th weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I don't know too many people with the surname, Ault.

      Delete
  4. Now you're a video star! (The garden looks nice too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Well, I don't know if I'm a video star, but I guess it gave me my sixty seconds of fame. ;-)

      Delete