Sunday, September 22, 2013

Michigan 4-H Children's Garden




The Michigan 4-H Children's Garden is located on the campus of Michigan State University.  It opened in 1993, as one of five gardens that are part of the Michigan State University Horticulture Demonstration Gardens.

The children's garden covers about half an acre, and it features 30 different play areas.  These include a dinosaur garden, a pizza garden, a Peter Rabbit garden, an ABC Kindergarten garden, a Teddy Bear and Animal garden, a Storybook garden, and an Alice in Wonderland Maze which leads to a secret garden.

Some of the fun things kids can do are find lambs ear and feel the leaves, smell chocolate mint, dance on dance chimes, and cross over the Monet bridge.



The garden is open Monday through Friday from dawn to dusk.  Admission is free, but parking is $3.00 for 1 1/2 hours or $5.00 for 3 hours.



16 comments:

  1. Looks lovely and very fun for kids to explore nature.
    You'll have to look up info on the new Rory Meyers Children Garden - it's brand new (opened yesterday) at the Dallas Arboretum. Huge crowds expected - they are advocating timed tickets. I'll get over there sometime soon. It's finally not killer hot here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely look up the new garden. Thanks for telling me about it.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Pizza gardens are cool. I did a post on how to make one. You should try it!

      Delete
  3. I love that some of the most gorgeous gardens can be found on college campuses. Thanks for sharing another treasure, Sherry.

    Be well.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this looks good. This is one of the things I miss about living in Seattle all the cool parks, and going out to breakfast.

    Ali of Dressing Ken

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another wonderful place to take the family. I must be a big kid because I'd love to smell chocolate mint and dance on chimes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog! Following you now!
    Kisses from VV!!
    www.voguelyvan.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a great place to visit. I wish I had known about it when my son way young. It would have been a great family outing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it will be a good place to take grandkids someday.

      Delete