Thursday, April 6, 2023

Foellinger-Freiman Botanical Conservatory

 



The Foellinger-Freiman Botanical Conservatory is located in the heart of downtown Fort Wayne, Indiana.  It was opened in 1983 and covers a total of 100,000 square feet.  It contains over 1200 plants from 500 different species.

The conservatory features a 25,000-square-foot seasonal garden, a tropical garden with a gorgeous waterfall, orchids, palms, and a desert garden.  There is also a lovely outdoor area.

It is open Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Thursday from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM, and Sunday from noon to 4:00 PM.  Admission is $5.00 per adult and $3.00 per child.

14 comments:

  1. Hi Sherry - gardens at this time of year are so lovely. This sounds a great outing ... enjoy your Easter - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring is a beautiful time to visit gardens. Hope you had a nice Easter.

      Delete
  2. I bet that indoor area is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you consider the size of an average house, that conservatory is massive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is the glorious time of the year. I have never been to Indiana. Fort Wayne is actually where my grandmother hailed. Guess I have another reason to go. Thanks for this post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The spring is a great time to visit. Hope you get there.

      Delete
  5. 100,000 square feet. I just told my studentsvearlier today my garden is 2,000 square feet. Well, I guess it's tiny after all :)

    Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2000 square feet is nothing to sneeze at. It's bigger than my house!

      Delete
  6. Wow! I would love to visit this conservatory one day!

    ReplyDelete