Monday, August 17, 2020

Garden of Cosmic Speculation and Latin Flavors Blog Hop Sign Up

 


Don't you just love the name of this garden?  This is definitely a one-of-a-kind garden.  I've never seen anything else like it in all of my travels.  The Garden of Cosmic Speculation is located in Dumfries, Scotland.  It covers thirty acres and was built in 1989 by Charles Jencks, an internationally acclaimed architectural critic and designer.  The garden is actually his own private garden.  It is open to the public only once a year (usually in May).  If you want to see this place, you'll have to do a little planning (and get there really early when it does open, because the traffic jams are ridiculous).



The garden was designed to provide thought (speculation) about the nature of things.  It was inspired by science and mathematics, with themes like Black Holes, Fractals, and DNA helixes.
Plants are not the big feature here.  There are a couple of man-made dragon lakes. Mostly what you'll see are a lot of steel structures and symmetry.  The garden begins at the base of steps leading down from the original eighteenth-century manor house.  You'll see a Sense of Touch garden, where a metal hand waves back and forth, beckoning visitors to come to check it out.  You'll see a steel DNA helix and a Heaven-Hell primeval wilderness garden with a beautiful red arched bridge

 The snail mound allows you to explore the Fibonacci Sequence of numbers that make up the shell.


Before I go, I'd like to tell you about the Latin Flavors Blog Hop I'm hosting:


When:  September 14-18
Where:  Your Blog

On September 15th, my new book, Bubba and Squirt's Mayan Adventure, will be released. To help get the word out, I'm having a blog hop. It's called, "Latin Flavors."

In the book, Bubba and Squirt try a couple of Latin dishes. I thought it might be fun to share recipes of food from Mexico and Central America.

Here's what participants will do:

1. Share a favorite "Latin Flavor" recipe
2. Include information about my book in the post. I will provide all of that and send it to you a week before the blog hop.

If you'd like to participate, please sign up on the Linky List.

Thank you!

16 comments:

  1. That's a natural scientist's (or any thoughtful person's) dream. I'd love it too. Thanks for highlighting this, Sherry. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really a fun garden. You be well, too!

      Delete
    2. CONTACT DR. DAVID NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS   


      After being in a relationship with MARTINS for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don’t believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I meant a spell caster called Dr DAVID  So i email him, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made a promise that anybody I know that has a relationship problem, I would be of help to such a person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: awesomespelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +2347040654140 you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. 
      https://www.facebook.com/UrgentEffectiveLoveSpell    

      Delete
  2. That is a bit bizarre all right. I bet that one day is packed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funky gardens.

    You're doing a bloghop - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Trying everything I can to get the word out.

      Delete
  4. Wow - I would love to see that garden. Very exotic and full of thought. Cool. Your blog hop sounds fun. I'll sign up but my "Latin foods" could be sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your Latin food. It's awesome! Thanks for participating!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Does your red bridge look like that red bridge? :)

      Delete
    2. I think the original 'Red Bridge' was demolished a few hundred years ago!

      Delete
  6. Hi Sherry - I'd love to go and visit this garden - not sure I'll make it though. But I'll be around for your blog hop and great you'll be featuring food! Take care - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My recipe is on my Mama Diaries blog. If you click on the sidebar picture of the person and the block shapes, you'll find it.

      Delete
  7. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881
    ®

    ReplyDelete
  8. Getting rib of Herpes virus wasn't easy, I came across Dr voodoo on how he
    has cured so many people from herpes and other illness so I decided to give
    him a try, now am permanently cured using the natural herbs medication and
    cleansing supplement sent by Dr voodoo no more herpes, contact Dr voodoo
    WhatsApp number +2348140120719 also e-mail him at:
    voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete