Monday, April 13, 2020

The Jimmy Carter Center Gardens




The Jimmy Carter Center Gardens, located in Atlanta, Georgia, is a thirty-seven-acre wooded park that contains a formal garden, wildflower meadow, cherry orchard, Japanese garden, a couple of lakes, and waterfalls.  The rose garden contains about 400 plants with 80 different varieties.

Of course, the gardens aren't the only thing to see here.  The Jimmy Carter Library and Museum is here, which features an exact replica of the Oval Office and the Nobel Prize awarded to Jimmy Carter.



The gardens are open Monday through Saturday from 9:00 -4:45 and Sunday from 12:00 - 4:45.  Admission is $8.00 for adults.


I hope you are all staying safe and healthy during this COVI-19 pandemic! I've had to do a lot of things virtually, including recording music for online church services. Here's a video I made of how I do that. Thought you might find it interesting.



14 comments:

  1. I'm nowhere near Atlanta to visit a garden, so I will contend with your music making which has left me very happy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like presidential libraries and grounds - will have to check it out someday. Meanwhile, your music is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been to the Clinton one in Arkansas, which I'm sure is similar. (Although it could use a garden - at least it's by the river.)

    You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't visited the Clinton library. I'll have to put that on my list of places to visit.

      Delete
  4. That's a lot on just thirty-seven acres.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The crazy thing is that it's in the middle of downtown Atlanta!

      Delete
  5. Interesting video. Thanks for that. I kept hearing Londonderry Air (Danny Boy) while you where playing!
    CLICK HERE for Bazza’s inwardly incandescent Blog ‘To Discover Ice’

    ReplyDelete
  6. The garden sounds beautiful and so is your music.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sherry - what fun to see your recording ... oh and Bazza's put an earworm up for me .. now I too hear Danny Boy - an well - I'm still loving it - beautiful playing. Oh great - we're getting the video too ... clever lady ...

    The gardens look wonderful - and I see Jimmy Carter is still alive at 95 ... thanks for sharing - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. He still does a lot at his age. Although he's had some health issues lately.

    ReplyDelete