Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Ault Park




Ault Park, located in Cincinnati, Ohio, is a little gem that I used to visit a lot when I lived there.  It's a 224 acre park in the Hyde Park/Mount Lookout area of Cincinnati.

 The gardens were designed by renowned landscape architect, Albert D. Taylor, and named after Levi and Ida Ault who played a big role in developing Cincinnati parks.  They  were opened to the public on May 30, 1930.  The gardens have changed quite a bit through the years.  Today, the main attractions are a dahlia garden, and the Hilda Rothchilde Memorial Old Fashioned Rose Garden.

 

 There is also an Italian-style Pavilion located on the grounds, which is a popular site for weddings.  The gardens are open year round from 6 AM to 10 PM.  Admission is free.

12 comments:

  1. Is that why you post about so many Ohio gardens - you used to live there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I'm going through my list and revisiting them. I haven't had time to do any recent garden visits, and the last time I posted about these was in 2012.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sherry - they're open for long hours ... no wonder you made full use of them. A lovely open space ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at all those steps. I'd hit my 7000 steps per day for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nice thing about visiting gardens is that you get to enjoy lovely surrounding while getting some exercise.

      Delete
  4. I enjoy small parks that are kept so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so enjoy all your garden photo’s and you make me realize how little about them I know living right here in Ohio. Hubby and I need to make an effort to get out and do some day trips this summer to enjoy some of them. Sorry I am not able to leave a proper link to my blog, as I’m on my ipad and it’s simply to difficult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm posting a lot of Ohio gardens, because I used to live there, and it's been a while since I've written about them. No problem about the link. I can simply click on your name, and I'll find your blog.

      Delete
  6. I do like an old-fashioned rose garden! It looks like the kind of place that's a good wedding venue.
    CLICK HERE for Bazza’s coyly contumacious Blog ‘To Discover Ice’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I've seen a lot of weddings happening there during my visits.

      Delete