Thursday, April 18, 2013

Quarryhill Botanical Gardens

Quarryhill Botanical Gardens, located near Glen Eden in California's Sonoma Valley, was founded in 1987.  It is a 25 acre botanical garden that houses one of the largest collections of Asian plants in North America.  Visitors will enjoy flowering Asian trees and plants, magnolias, rhododendrons, and walking paths with places to sit and enjoy the beautiful ponds and waterfalls.


The gardens are open daily from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.  Admission is $10.00 for adults and $5.00 per child.


10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. A great place to relax if you're feeling a little stressed!

      Delete
  2. Hi Sherry - it must be so tranquil to be amongst the gardens in the heat of California ..

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it is, although California when I went, was cooler than expected.

      Delete
  3. Look at that waterfall- lovely. Are these pictures yours? If so you are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I did not take these pictures, but they are quite beautiful.

      Delete
  4. Thanks to the #atozchallenge I have found your site and am now following. I write about gardening on my stephenyhoughtlin.wordpress.com site. My main interest is English gardens and their famous gardeners. All in support of a novel I have written set in a vicarage garden. Garden visiting has become a passion for me over the years. Your blog will lend itself to some arm chair traveling, often all this is possible.

    ReplyDelete