Sunday, May 11, 2014

Albin Polasek Museum and Garden


Located in Winterpark, Florida, Albin Plasek Museum and Garden contains three acres of gardens displaying works of sculptor, Albin Plasek. It was founded in 1961, and contains over 200 works of the Czech artist.  The grounds which overlook Lake Osceola are quite lovely.  It's a perfect place for a leisurely stroll to enjoy the beauty of nature and art together.


The gardens are open Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM, and Sunday from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM.  Admission for adults is $5.00, and admission for children is $3.00.


14 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this artist, but I love sculpture gardens. This sounds really nice and very cheap admission.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never heard of the artist either, but his work is nice.

      Delete
  2. With all the statues, that would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sherry,

    I love the added bonus of the gardens being situated beside a lake. Thank you for this, Sherry.

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Water near gardens is always a plus.

      Delete
  4. My goodness, I can picture myself sitting under a parasol beside this lake, book in gloved hands and lemonade by my side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sherry - what a great way to spend a couple of hours ... seeing the gardens and being able to spend time looking at the sculptures and then the landscape setting ... I intend to get out more here .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walking through gardens is a lovely way to spend time!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for stopping in and saying hello to me on my blog!
    ~Katie

    ReplyDelete