Gairloch Gardens, located in Ontario, Canada, were originally part of 400 acres of farmland. Eleven acres of it were purchase in 1922 by Col. William Mackendrick, who built a tudor style house on the property and landscaped it. When Mackendrick died in 1957, the property was bought by James A. Gairdner who later gave the estate to the town of Oakville.
Today, visitors will see a pond, stream, and formal garden areas. It's a lovely area in which to wander around. The gardens are open daily from dawn to dusk. Admission is free.