Friday, August 10, 2012
What to do with Green Tomatoes
Here's how. First, you'll need to gather up the ingredients. You'll need flour, corn meal, Season All (salt and pepper if you don't have this seasoning), milk, oil, and of course, green tomatoes (three nice sized ones).
1. Heat enough vegetable oil in your frying pan to come up half way on the slices when they're in the pan. Make sure the oil is really hot before you add the tomatoes.
2. Slice your tomatoes thick.
3. Mix 1 1/2 cups cornmeal with 4 tablespoons of flour and 2 Tablespoons of Season All
4. Dip both sides of tomato slices in milk
5. Coat both sides of tomato slices in meal mixture
6. Fry those things in the oil. I do it about 3-5 minutes each side. Turn only once.
7. Take out and enjoy!