Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Lotusland

If you want to see a rather eclectic garden, visit Lotusland in Santa Barbara, California.  This 37 acre garden was created by Madame Gann Walska, a polish opera singer and socialite.  She started the garden in 1941 and worked on it for the next 43 years.  The garden was open to the public in 1993.





Visitors will see all kinds of interesting things, such as a forest of dragon trees, avenues of succulents, weird little garden gnomes , a huge clock made of flowers, and a lotus pond.

The two-hour tour of the garden is by appointment only.  These are given Wednesday through Saturday between 10:00 AM and 1:30 PM.  Admission for adults is $35.00.  If you would like to schedule a tour, call 805-969-9990.




Now, for Name that Flower:


What are these?  (I'll tell you tomorrow.)

9 comments:

  1. Santa Barbara? That's close enough for me to check out. Thanks Sherry, I'm going to add it to my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherry, sorry I've been out traveling and, well my post says more. I am happy to come back and discover Lotusland!! As usual beautiful water spots. I love that. Always

    Debra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to see you again. I've missed reading your posts!

      Delete
  3. Lovely landscaping. I like the calming effect of lotus flowers in a pond.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Santa Barbara is so beautiful on its own.Who knew there was a place like Lotusland tucked into it? You find the coolest places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We found all kinds of cool places on our last trip to California!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a nice garden to visit.

    I know the mystery flower, because I've planted them in the past. Marigolds! : )

    ReplyDelete