Thursday, November 15, 2018

Michigan 4-H Children's Garden



 The Michigan 4-H Children's Garden is located on the campus of Michigan State University.  It opened in 1993, as one of five gardens that are part of the Michigan State University Horticulture Demonstration Gardens.

 

The children's garden covers about half an acre, and it features 30 different play areas.  These include a dinosaur garden, a pizza garden, a Peter Rabbit garden, an ABC Kindergarten garden, a Teddy Bear and Animal garden, a Storybook garden, and an Alice in Wonderland Maze which leads to a secret garden.

  Some of the fun things kids can do are find lambs ear and feel the leaves, smell chocolate mint, dance on dance chimes, and cross over the Monet bridge.
 The garden is open Monday through Friday from dawn to dusk.  Admission is free, but parking is $3.00 for 1 1/2 hours or $5.00 for 3 hours.


Before I go, I would like to share my SCBWI Book Stop page. There's a contest to see who can get the most likes and comments. If you feel inspired, please stop by to like the page and comment. Thanks!  Click on this link.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Sherry - I'm sure the 4-H Children's Garden is special ... and those that see it, will delight in all the different areas - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm, so are they growing varieties of pizza in the pizza garden? Sounds wonderful to me - I'd immerse in pepperoni.
    I shall check the link!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure you'd find pepperoni, but I bet you'd find mushrooms. :)

      Delete
  3. Had no idea that Michigan State had such a garden. I tend to only think of the Spartans when we Buckeye's play them in football, lol. Very pretty. Will hop over to your scrapbook link. Don't know if it's too late or not, since I'm playing catch up with your posts...as well my own.
    Traveling Suitcase

    ReplyDelete