Friday, March 2, 2018

Rutger's Garden


Rutger's Garden, in New Brunswick, New Jersey, is a 180-acre garden which is comprised of a series of horticultural collections. The oldest dates back to 1927. Some of these include an American Hollies  Collection, Shrub Collection, Shade Tree Collection, Ornamental Tree Collection, and a Bamboo Forest.

There are plenty of walking paths, perennials, shrubs, exotic flowers, and even a 92-acre pond for visitors to enjoy.


The garden is open daily from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Admission is free. (In case you're wondering, income for the garden is generated through the rental of the pavilion and a log cabin for events. And also by donations.)


Before I go, I'd like to share a new book trailer video for my recently-released book, Don't Feed the Elephant. This one was done by ePublishingeXperts, the illustrator of the book, and features animation of the illustrations and a narration done by me. If you've never heard my voice, you might find it interesting ! 


12 comments:

  1. Love the look of that garden and 'free' is one of my favourite prices.
    The video is charming as I'm sure the book must be. You could do voice-overs in ads. Really!
    CLICK HERE for Bazza’s comely Blog ‘To Discover Ice’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Free gardens are easy on the pocket book!

      Thanks for your nice comments about the video!

      Delete
  2. Very cute video.
    There are a lot of gardens in New Jersey, aren't there? That one has a really big pond. I'd almost call that a lake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure where the line is drawn between a lake and a pond. But that is certainly a very big pond!

      Delete
  3. You have the perfectly warm, calm voice for this. I like that your book is not only silly and fun, it also teachers letters of the alphabet. Great work.

    PS I was thinking the same as Alex - what a huge pond!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      And yes, 92 acres sounds more like a lake, but they call it a pond, so I did, too.

      Delete
  4. I think anything with the Rutgers name on it is a class act. Rutgers University is a really nice campus.
    and your book trailer is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been to Rutgers University. I'll have to look that up.

      Delete
  5. Hi Sherry - it was great hearing your voice ... loved the way it has an echo to it at the beginning - but well done - while the book sounds fun ... lovely - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I had to record my voice and send it over to the creator of the video. Somehow he made it all work out.

      Delete