Sunday, November 15, 2015

Dey Mansion Gardens



Dey Mansion Gardens is located in Wayne, New Jersey. The Georgian-style house was constructed between 1740-1750, and served as the Revolutionary War headquarters for General George Washington (the first president of the United States). The grounds feature a blacksmith shop, herb and vegetable garden, a formal garden, the house, and a picnic area.

The house and gardens are open Wednesday through Sunday from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM and Sunday from 10:00 AM to noon. Tours are available. Cost of admission is $1.00 per person.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great historical place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It reminds me of Tyron Palace in New Bern, NC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been there. But I'm sure it's nice!

      Delete
  3. Hi Sherry - lots of history here ... it'd be fascinating to look round. Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a place full of history.

      Delete
  4. I think I visited there as a kid. My mom loved historical homes and gardens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was a kid, I didn't care too much about historical places, but now that I'm an adult, I find them fascinating.

      Delete
  5. I suppose this place would be just as interesting for the buildings as the gardens.
    CLICK HERE for Bazza’s fabulous Blog ‘To Discover Ice’

    ReplyDelete